REEMA MAKANI BOCCIA
With more than 15 years of experience in public relations, marketing and events, Reema is Accredited in Public Relations (APR), an industry credential that highlights elevated professional distinction, leadership and communication best practices. Reema is also a LEAD IMPACT San Diego (’12) graduate, an immersive 10-month program for mid-to senior-level managers focusing on the issues and industries that are part of our region’s DNA.
Prior to launching her own consulting firm, Reema managed internal and external communication, community relations, event planning and social media for a division of one of the nation’s largest ambulance providers. Prior to that, Reema was an account manager at a boutique public relations firm where she spearheaded efforts for some of the firm’s largest accounts.
- Principal, Two Rivers Strategies
- Public Relations Manager, Rural/Metro Ambulance
- Account Manager, The McRae Agency
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Universal Accreditation Board, Accreditation in Public Relations
- Public Relations Society of America, San Diego/Imperial Counties Chapter
- California Association of Public Information Officers, Southern California Chapter
- 2015 San Diego Metropolitan Magazine 40 Under 40 Honoree
- 2012 CA Emergency Medical Service Authority Community Service Award
- 2008 Mothers Against Drunk Driving, San Diego, Outstanding Volunteer of the Year
- 2005 Public Relations Society of America, San Diego, New Professional of the Year
Reema graduated from San Diego State University with bachelor of arts degrees in communication, with an emphasis in public relations, and political science.
Reema enjoys spending time with friends and family, including her husband and two small children. She loves to read, play tennis, dance and cook.