Platt/Whitelaw Architects, Inc., a San Diego-based, full-service architecture firm, has moved from the village of North Park to the historic neighborhood of Old Town. The firm leased approximately 4,000 square feet of office space from the Casey Brown Company at Old Town Plaza, located at 2251 San Diego Ave.
“As much as we love North Park, working in San Diego’s most significantly historic neighborhood, Old Town, is fitting for our firm and offers some wonderful public transportation options for our staff,” said Co-Owner and President Naveen Waney.
“Old Town feels right,” added Co-Owner and Vice President Sandra Gramley. “Historic preservation architecture is a mainstay of our work, so it seems appropriate. Our firm was founded in 1955, and we’re proud that it makes us one of San Diego’s oldest architecture firms.”
The firm’s work also includes a wide range of community-serving buildings, from education, recreation, and places of worship to restaurants, wellness facilities and public infrastructure.
The firm’s phone numbers and email addresses will remain the same. To secure, build out and move into the new office space, Platt/Whitelaw worked with relocation management firm Transom, furniture design firm Cultura, general contractor Pacific Building Group and real estate services firm Cushman & Wakefield.
About Platt/Whitelaw Architects, Inc.
Platt/Whitelaw Architects is a full-service architectural firm, dedicated to public and community-based projects. Founded in 1955, the firm has cemented its reputation for public building design, with a particular emphasis on schools, recreation centers, water facilities, emergency and other community services, spiritual and health projects and historic preservation. www.plattwhitelaw.com
Photo caption: One of San Diego’s oldest architecture firms, Platt/Whitelaw Architects, moves from North Park into Old Town Plaza. (Credit for photos: Platt/Whitelaw Architects)