Every social media platform has seen a significant increase in users and activity over the last two months. With people turning to social media apps to keep themselves entertained, connected and informed, NOW is the time to focus your efforts on building and expanding your social media presence.
As TW2’s Account Manager and Social Media Specialist, I am virtually attending Social Media Week, and a large focus of the seminar is COVID-19 and its effect on social media marketing.
While social media has always been an important part of a good marketing strategy, in this time of social distancing, it’s more important than ever.
Break Through the Noise
With content distribution at an all-time high and attention spans at an all-time low, how do you stand out?
- Increase your communication – With many people spending more time on social media than ever before, this is the easiest and most convenient way to stay connected.
- Know your audience – Ask yourself, “Who am I trying to reach?” The answer will help you craft your message and determine which platforms to use.
- Be authentic – In a world of filters and highlight reels, consumers seek out genuine and meaningful content. Be open and honest about what is happening right now and how your business is affected — this includes both challenges and successes.
- Offer value – Be a resource to your followers. Provide educational content that is helpful, especially as it pertains to what is happening in the world and your community.
- Be creative – Try not to do what everyone else is doing. Find what makes you different and use it to provide a unique spin to your content.
- Stay ahead of the curve – Post timely content ASAP. Don’t be the last one to post about something happening. And remember to edit and fact check what you are sharing. It’s vital to make sure you are sharing accurate information with your followers.
- Share your content across multiple platforms – Spread the love! Ensure your message is reaching as many eyes as possible.
We’re Here to Help
In these uncertain times, one thing is certain – the TW2 team is here for you.
If you want to learn more about building an effective social media strategy, please contact us.
Account Manager, Social Media Specialist and Video Team Leader