As the owner of San Diego-based Whitelaw Marketing, which merged with TW2 in 2007, Jen has extensive knowledge of multiple industries, including real estate, finance, nonprofit, arts/entertainment and more. Her in-depth knowledge helps her guide clients toward realizing their media and marketing objectives.
- Senior Consultant, TW2
- Owner/President, Whitelaw Marketing
- Business Development Director, Platt/Whitelaw Architects, Inc.
- Project Manager, Saddlebow Entertainment
- Assistant Director, San Diego Film Commission
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Public Facilities Committee, Downtown San Diego Partnership
- Board Member, Urban Land Institute San Diego/Tijuana District Council
- PR committee, Center for Community Solutions
- Past Board Member, Citizens Coordinate for Century
- Former President, Citizens Coordinate for Century 3
- Volunteer Committee, UCSD Cancer Center’s Luau & Longboard Invitational
- PR chair, UCSD Cancer Center’s Luau & Longboard Invitational
- Leadership team, Olympic Business Exchange, a chapter of BNI
- Speaker, Spirit of the Land conference (Viejas Band of Kumeyaay Indians)
- Speaker, AIA lunchtime learning seminar – Designing for the Future (documentary screening)
- Speaker, LEAD San Diego training – Environmental Justice & Social Equity
- Speaker, NewSchool of Architecture & Design – Community-Based Design
- Guest lecturer, University of San Diego – Marketing & Advertising Course
Awards & Honors
- Top San Diego Marketing Executive, San Diego Metro Magazine (2020)
- Emmy Award (PSA for UCSD Cancer Center Luau & Longboard Invitational)
- Emmy Award nomination (“Building for the Future” documentary)
- Telly Award (“Canyonlands” documentary)
- Amy Award, American Marketing Association (“Filmed in San Diego” point of purchase display)
- Excellence in Journalism Award (General Writing for External Publication), San Diego Press Club
- Excellence in Journalism Award (Press Release Writing), San Diego Press Club
- Excellence in Journalism Award (video), San Diego Press Club
- 40 Under 40, San Diego Metro Magazine
Jen earned her B.A. in English from the University of California, Los Angeles. She also holds a Professional Certification degree in Urban Planning from the University of California, San Diego and a certification from the Hollywood Film Institute.
Outside of work, Jen is a professional event planner/hazmat team leader/hostage negotiator/cat herder for her two children… and sometimes her husband, as well. She also loves to read, hike, watch movies and write children’s books.