In addition to running a boutique public relations firm based in San Diego and North Los Angeles, April contributes her extensive knowledge in public relations to TW2. She has worked as a public relations professional in San Diego and Los Angeles counties for 10 years, serving clients across a variety of industries including construction, homebuilding, architecture, healthcare, insurance, women-led startups and more. April is also a former president of the San Diego Press Club, one of the largest Press Clubs in the United States.
- Owner, WordPop Public Relations
- Director of PR and Social Media, Mustang Marketing
- Director of Social Media, Scribe Communications
- PR Fellow, University of California, San Diego
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Former President, San Diego Press Club
- Past Board Member, San Diego Press Club
- Team in Training, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
Awards & Honors
- 2020 Excellence in Journalism Award (1st place for press release writing), San Diego Press Club
- 2017 Top 40 Under 40, San Diego Daily Transcript
- 2016 Trailblazer Award Finalist, National Association of Women Business Owners
- 2015 Excellence in Journalism Award (2nd place for byline), San Diego Press Club
- 2013 Trailblazer Award Finalist, National Association of Women Business Owners
- 2010 New Public Relations Professional of the Year, Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)
April earned her B.A. in communication from the University of California, San Diego (UCSD), and is certified in Sustainable Business Practices by UCSD Extension.
In her free time, April enjoys teaching or taking indoor cycling classes, arranging florals and watching the Los Angeles Lakers alongside her husband, papa, and dog Andy, too!